Yes Wasp Bites, Bee Stings and Snake
bites, do happen to our dogs, and any of these can lead to a serious
How do I know my dog has been stung?
The dog becomes distressed and will probably yelp with pain, the area of the
sting will swell
A Bee Sting is best treated in the first
instance with Bicarbonate of Soda,
Wasp Sting is best treated by
bathing the area with Vinegar.
Most dogs are allergic to the sting or bite, so veterinary treatment will be
necessary as soon as possible. There is a possibility of a severe allergic
reaction which could lead to shock and death if assistance is not sought
immediately. If the dog has been stung or bitten in the mouth or throat,
there is a danger that the dog will stop breathing, you would then have to
open the airway and commence the A.B.C (Airway, Breathing, Circulation)
First Aid is not meant to replace veterinary