Let me know of any stories or news that you would like to see on this page, (one small photo will be accepted) as long as it is relevant to the Lancashire Heeler I will do my best to publish it.
22nd April 2004
A surprise card arrived today at our house, the card was from Enid Lord of Foxthyme Lancashire Heelers, the most relevant part of the card to this website reads as follows
"I have had a terrible weekend I nearly lost "Mousse" ( Foxthyme Chocolate Mousse) my lovely Liver girl".
"She ate Slug Pellets her heart stopped. Thanks to your website and the information on Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation I got her heart started and got her to our vet who worked on her for an hour, I stayed with her all night. She is now Ok but her backside is like a pin cushion. Thankfully, all is well now. All I have to do is to pay the vet bill. Here enclosed is a bit of something to get yourselves a drink for all your help".
I spoke to Enid later in the day and she is going to let me have a photo of Mousse to put with this article, just as soon as her daughters PC is fixed. Due to Enid's horrible experience last weekend I have realised that this is one readily available poison that merits its own page especially at this time of the year when millions of people reach for these to ease the problem of slugs in their gardens. I have now put a page on the website about Slug Pellet Poisoning and your dog this is readily accessible from the index page.